Credit Acceptance - Repossessed my car

Jun 23, 2012
review #326721

If you are more than 1 day past your due date, CALL these people!They repossessed my car while I was at the doctor's office with a sick child.

My payment was 12 days past the due date. They told me they had not heard from me, so they took the car. I had to make a payment and a $250 repo fee. According the the rep on the phone, they have alot of high risk customers and many just walk away from the vechicle.

PLEASE keep in touch with them.Autopay through the bank is the safest payment method with these vultures!

970e996
Had an experience with Credit Acceptance?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
contact2014

2 days ago Charlotte, North Carolina

If you finance a vehicle nowadays you I can guarantee you it will have a gps device installed in it. Do a G o o g l e search for gps removal services. They will give you all the info you need.

Current Customer

Mar 03, 2013 Appleton, Wisconsin

As far as the comment on CAC having gps that beeps at you on all their cars, that's not true. CAC doesn't have their own lots, they finance you to buy from independent dealerships. I used CAC to buy my 06 a couple of years ago, and I don't have any gps in my car.
As far as repossessions go, I have found that as long as you are willing to work with them, and make an effort to get caught up, they will work with you. I was out of work for six months, and fell behind almost $2,000 in my payments. I'm still driving my car, and they are allowing me to pay a little extra each month to put towards the past due balance. Maybe its different person to person, or state to state, but CAC has been nothing but good to me.

Dale

Nov 17, 2012

CAC has a great website where you can setup auto payments and make one time online payments. Very convienant. If you make the payments on time and keep in touch with them...you should not have a problem. I've financed through them and am very grateful they were able to get into a newer/lower mileage car to take me to and from work without worrying about it breaking down.

anonymous

Oct 16, 2012

You are told at the time the contract is signed that your vehicle is equipped with a gps device, if you are ten days late on your payment, it will start beeping at you to alert you that YOU NEED TO MAKE A PAYMENT or CAC will shut your car off. if you took it upon yourself to remove the gps, you can have criminal charges filed against you--- so dont be laughing too hard and patting yourself on the back, if you are late---gps or not, they will find your car and have it picked up!!!!!!!!!!!! Moral of the story is make your payment, and you dont have to worry about loosing your car!!!!!

anonymous

Oct 16, 2012

contact2014

2 days ago Charlotte, North Carolina

Criminal charges? You must work for a dealer that uses them and you're trying to scare people. You can't get into any trouble removing these devices when you are the registered owner of the vehicle.

J

Sep 19, 2012

i am a CAC dealer, this company helps everyone out ! regardless your back round. If you are a Lending from the company. you are a high risk of defaulting on the loan. Enough Said. But you have the chance at being in a nicer car than any other BUY HERE PAY HERE operation. And EVERYONE IS APPROVED !!! SET up Auto Pay. and never have to worry about forgetting to make a payment. Bottom Line is Credit Acceptance is a GREAT company

0 1 Reply
Mississippi Boy

Feb 05, 2013 Jackson, Mississippi

I brought my wife a very nice car with CA's assistance, I make my payments on time by one time payments and my wife loves her new car, so guess how I'm treated on date nights. What I'm say'n is PAY YOUR D$% BILLS, If you had good credit you would not be having this conversation. Air is free. :cry

billb58mx

Aug 15, 2012

On June 20 I called to get payoff and while on the phone with them that day gave them my debit card to pay it off. For some reason it wouldn't go through on their end so tried as a credit card with the same results. After further conversation it was decided to just use my billpay through the bank which I did while I was even still on the phone. Now I get a call asking for my next payment and was told because I didn't pay that day I was charged $445 which is what the monthy payment was.

got even

Aug 13, 2012

I had a car threw them as well we all know that the dealers get a kick back from them to use there finacning yeah its our faults for not asking for better financing. I traded the POS car in they also kept telling me that i had no grace period but i did and they told me that they had to secure the assett i asked them what that meant they didnt want to tell me i asked what are you going to get the car go ahead they told me they would turn off the car hahahah jokes on them i took out the gps and have it in a box ready for them if they wanted it i can send it in

CG

Aug 09, 2012

I got a loan with CAC in February of this year, I have not had a single problem with them. Yeah the intrest rate is a little high but its my own fault that I had to use them I messed up my credit. Everytime I have had to call the customer service department they have been more than helpful. Thanks to them taking a chance I should be able to get regular financing through the bank when its time to get another vehicle.

Wow

Aug 05, 2012

I've been with Credit Acceptance for a little over a year now and I have never had a problem with them. I had to go to a second chance dealership because my credit sucks. I always make my payments either on time or before its due. If I don't get paid til after the payment is due I call and let them know right away. That way my car DOESN'T get repo'd or shut off.

sarah1234

Jul 18, 2012

exactly Unbelievable! Im sure the people complaining so much and calling this company vultures would be singin a different tune if they lent somebody their personal money and werent paid back on time! Get it together people!

Marie

Jun 28, 2012

I dealt with CAC with 2 cars (one was totaled in an accident) and been behind 3 months or more at one time and never got repo'd
Guess they like me =]but I always kept in touch with them and let them know what was going on.

My cars paid off now though. Whoooo!

:grin

Unbelievable

Jun 26, 2012

I went online looking for the number to call in my payment for cac since im not at home, I find his website, and cannot believe people are shocked if their vehicle gets shut off or repo'd if they are behind. Wow, if u have an issue, be an adult and call your lender! I doubt the would rather repo than get their money. I have NEVER had an issue with them. I pay my loan every month, and I have no issues at all. I had to use CAC because I messed up my credit, it was my fault, no one else's, I was young and didn't realize what I was doing to myself. Now that I'm grown, and know to read my contracts and to pay for my loans... What do you know... No repos no calls... Hmmm interesting eh?

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Credit Acceptance.
Filing a new complaint about
×